MoneyGram International, Inc. is an American company specializing in cross-border P2P payments, money transfers, and a host of other financial services with digital online and in-app platforms and over 380 000 retail locations all over the world.
There’s quite a story behind the history of the business, but it’s been serving consumers globally for over 80 years. Whether it’s sending money internationally, paying bills, or topping up your casino account — the heritage service has your financing needs covered with competitive fees and excellent exchange rates.
The company initially operated under the tag Travelers Express, but over the decades, its name evolved and its offering expanded in line with the changing needs of consumers.
MoneyGram International, Inc. became an independent company in 1998 with its headquarters based in Dallas, Texas, USA, along with many offices scattered across the globe.
Currently, the money transfer service ranks number two in the world after Western Union, which offers a similar service. With MoneyGram, users can go the cash route in-store or perform online transactions with card payments or bank transfers. Speed and convenience are its key features, but security-wise, they’re also second to none.
What countries do they have operations in?
The service allows users to send money directly to bank accounts, mobile wallets, and accepted casinos in select countries, from the USA.
The list of regions supporting the different types of MoneyGram transactions is extensive, but for online money transfers specifically, these are the countries where it can be used:
· Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany [DE], Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States.
Prefer getting money deposited in-app? They also offer iOS and Android transactions in the following countries:
· Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States.
And for in-store, in-person retail outlets:
· Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Moldova, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Democratic Congo, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, the United States, Ukraine, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe.
There's no need for registration. Using an online website? All you'll need is a bank account or credit or debit card that you can transfer the money from. Don’t worry, your details are safe. MoneyGram acts as the go-between, so it's essentially the direct deposit middleman.
For cash direct deposits, visit a MoneyGram outlet and let them know the name of the MoneyGram casino you’re transferring money to — remember, your chosen casino site must have MoneyGram as a direct deposit method, and you will need their MoneyGram details for both digital and in-person options.
Additionally, you must provide a form of identification and in both depositing instances, you’ll be required to provide a reference number to the online casino.
Steps to Make a Demand Deposit Online
- Sign up for a new player account at your chosen licensed online casinos.
- Go to the payment method section, hit the deposit button, select MoneyGram from the options and choose the amount of money you will be moving into your casino fund.
- Enter the necessary details, and remember that the name of the sender (you) should mirror the one on your photo ID.
- Once you’ve activated the deposit, you must contact the online casino and provide the MoneyGram reference number.
- Once confirmed, the deposit should clear and the money be reflected momentarily in your casino fund. You can expect it to take about 45 minutes.
- And that's it! Now you can start playing your favorite online games like slots, poker, etc. for real money.
What is the Daily Deposit Limit?
As with most deposit method services, there are limitations set on the amount of money that can be transferred. This is to protect users and prevent misuse.
MoneyGram has a variety of rules to restrict how much money and how many transfers can occur daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. These limits fluctuate based on market trends, security requirements, and existing laws.
If you receive a limited error while making a transfer, MoneyGram encourages you to contact its customer care team for more information and assistance.
While payouts are not widely accessible at all online casinos, some offer MoneyGram withdrawals and the process is just as straightforward as making a deposit.
When you’re ready to cash out your winnings and/or casino balance, you can do so at casinos that sanction it. The process is similar to depositing money (but in reverse) and there are also transactional limitations imposed on casino withdrawals.
Steps to Withdraw Funds from an Online Casino
- Log in to your chosen casino account that offers MoneyGram as a withdrawal method.
- Navigate to the payment method section, select MoneyGram from the options and choose the amount of money you will be moving from your casino fund.
- Confirm the withdrawal and complete the necessary information.
- Once confirmed, your payout will be sent to your MoneyGram account.
It’s important to note that casinos have various withdrawal processing times, but payouts generally take around 48 hours to be transferred to your bank account. This is a fast turnaround time in comparison to many other withdrawal methods.
Prefer to receive your payout in cash? This can work too. Simply visit a MoneyGram retailer with the reference code. To verify the transaction, your ID will be requested, so have it with you.
Wondering how much it costs to send a deposit to the transfer service? Well, it varies and depends on a few factors like where you’re sending it to, how you’re paying, and how you want the receiver to get it. Fees include and vary based on the following:
- Transfer fee
- Exchange rate
- Third-party cost
This is easy to gauge before you even confirm your payment and it’s usually the lowest charge. The fee will also vary based on whether you pay with a bank/wire transfer, credit or debit card, or cash. Credit card payments generally incur the highest charge.
The Exchange Rate Markup — specifically the markup bit — is an extra fee on top of the regular exchange rate and the exact cost varies depending on how you arrange the payment.
Another charge that may apply when making a payment. This fee does not go to the payment method provider, but be prepared. Examples of a third-party charge are a credit card cash advance and your bank may also apply a fee for a bank/wire transfer.
How Long Does a Deposit Take to Process?
Money sent to your casino account will appear almost immediately but could take up to two business days.
And Withdrawal Time?
This depends on the payout option you choose. Cash and e-wallet transfers arrive at lightning speed while moving money to your bank account takes a bit longer.
The right deposit method depends on what you deem a priority. The finest, highly-rated casino platforms not only offer state-of-the-art real money games but also feature a range of payment solutions and money transfer options to meet live gaming needs and consumer preferences.
Some of the main attributes to look out for when choosing a deposit method are speed, convenience, and safety, and MoneyGram ticks all of these boxes:
When you are in the business of winning real money, you look for a payment option that boasts quick turnaround times for direct deposit transfers and withdrawals. MoneyGram nails the brief with processing times for online casino deposits being almost instantaneous. Withdrawals take a bit longer, but it’s a lot faster than many other popular methods.
Generally, consumers look for ease and simplicity, and online gamers call for the same. Is the deposit method straightforward? How do you go about making a transfer? If you find a method that has a service in line with your needs, then it’s right for you. One of the many advantages of the payment option is the fact that you can make and receive payments in a multitude of ways, digitally and in person.
Payment security will always be imperative and the company takes the job seriously to prevent its systems and services from being used to perpetuate any illegal activity. The company follows strict guidelines and protocols to prevent criminality, and they’ve also launched a special fraud prevention website to educate people about scams, etc.
A company as big as MoneyGram has some of the best safety and security protocols in place. It’s licensed in all 50 US states, as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam. In the United Kingdom, it has the honor of being a licensed Authorized Payment Institution and in Canada, it is closely monitored by FINTRAC which helps prevent money laundering, etc.
Moreover, the trusted service goes a step further to educate its users with a special website, dedicated to providing all the necessary tips and tools to avoid becoming a victim of fraud.
Using a service outside of the US? You’re still safe. The company complies with licensing and regulatory compliance in many other countries where they operate.
When it comes to iGaming, the service is on the approved list and is reliable in terms of casino transactions, like deposits and withdrawals.